Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake
30 minutes One Large Cake or 5 mini cakes Ingredients: 1 can pineapple rings, 1 box white cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, 1 jar maraschino cherries, 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
This recipe is basically summertime in cake form. It’s got juicy pineapple with a hint of cherry, and light white cake that tastes just like a day by the pool. The best part about this recipe — it’s way easy!
I made mine in my mini cake molds — I keep finding great recipes to use these with — but you could easily make this in a larger version.
- • 1 can pineapple rings
- • 1 can maraschino cherries
- • 1/2 cup butter
- • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- • 1 box white cake mix
- 1. Grease your cake pans and preheat oven to 350. I used my mini spring form molds, but a
- bundt pan or regular cake pan will work here, too. Just note there will be a difference in baking time.
- 2. Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Replace some of the required liquid with pineapple juice from your can. Yum!
- 3. Add pineapple ring and cherry to the center of your mold. If you are using a larger pan, you'll line the entire bottom with pineapples and cherries.
- 4. Fill the rest of the mold with cake mix. Careful not to overfill, as it will rise quite a bit.
- 5. Bake your cake(s). Mine took about 15 minutes to bake, but again, go longer for a bigger cake. Allow your cake to cool for about 8 - 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- 6. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the brown sugar until
- everyone is evenly incorporated. Spoon the mixture onto the cake.
- 7. Top with another layer of pineapples and cherries. Serve warm, and enjoy!