I realize I’m promising a lot with this title, but guys I really feel like I can deliver here. This is the world’s best chocolate cake. No joke.
We’ve been staying with my parents for two months now, that’s about a month longer than we anticipated. And for those of you wondering, it’s actually been wonderful. I didn’t expect anything less, but when you tell people you’re staying with your parents they get a shocked look on their face like “Oh my gosh, you must be miserable!”
Considering that the guest room bathroom is much nicer than the bathroom we’ll end up with — I’m soaking up every minute. Literally.
And not having to clean as much, cook as much, and do other household things has left me with a little more free time for things like baking!
This cake is the one my mom makes for all occasions. It’s the one I request 99.9% of the time. It’s been a birthday cake, celebration cake, holiday cake, you name it! And what’s better, it starts with a boxed recipe and you just add things to it! It’s a piece of cake (see what I did there?).
I made this on Sunday and today on Wednesday it’s already gone. I’d like to say my parents ate most of it, but I think I slipped in 3 pieces at the least. Whoops.
And you’ll notice on the bottom of this recipe it says this cake is 3,000+ calories — just ignore that! That information does not matter and we all know that cake has ZERO calories : )
- 1 package double fudge cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, pudding, sour cream, warm water, and oil. Use a mixer to combine everything thoroughly. Scrape down the sides every few minutes then continue mixing.
- 3. Fold in the chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate evenly.
- 4. Pour cake batter into baking pan.
- 5. Bake in the preheated over for 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
How’d your cake turn out? Be honest and tell me how many pieces you ate: )