Hello all! I’m back after a long hiatus away from my computer. I’m back now and slowly easing my way into the New Year with this delicious breakfast bake recipe.
To be honest, I am not much of a breakfast person. Sure I enjoy it, but as far as waking up early to get a lot of dishes dirty — no thank you. I know what you’re saying though, “Sallie! It’s the most important meal of the day!” So I came up with what I feel is a super easy and delicious solution to my breakfast dilemma.
I give you the Sausage & Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake! This was born in a “what do I have in my fridge” moment, and it’s delicious. DELICIOUS. It’s a great way to get some color on your plate first thing in the morning, and you can set it and forget it. For my bake I use sweet potato, radishes, red onion, green bell pepper, sausage, and eggs. If you aren’t a fan of sweet potato you can easily switch out for a white potato. You could also add a variety of veggies that I didn’t use. It’s an easy way to clear out the refrigerator, too.
This takes about 10 minutes of prep time and then you bake. It’s that easy! I made this over the holidays for friends and they were literally freaking out. It was gone within minutes — and that’s how you know something is really good. Try this out and let me know what you think!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 sausage links, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat over to 425. On a parchment lined baking sheet lay out all the veggies. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with seasonings. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet add sausage slices and cook over medium heat until done.
- 3. When veggies have finished baking, crack 3 eggs directly onto the veggies and cook for 9 minutes more, or until your eggs reach desired hardness.
- 4. Remove veggies from the oven, add sausage then serve warm!