If you’ll remember, a few months ago I tried (and failed) sugar cookie decorating. I failed miserably, and you can read about that failure here, but today I am here to redeem myself AND I have a great sugar cookie recipe to share.
1. Mix shortening and sugar together in a large bowl.
2. Blend in vanilla, beaten egg, and milk.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add about 1/3 cup of dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir together.
5. When all ingredients are mixed, put dough on wax paper, wrap and chill for one hour.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until your desired thickness.
7. Dip your cookie cutter in flour, and cut your cookies.
8. Place cookies on lightly greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 375 for 5 – 7 minutes.
9. Let cool and frost